More than 1400 graduates pass civil service exams, RCSC announces only 923 seats

1449 graduates have secured qualifying marks in the main exams of the Bhutan Civil Service Examination. This means 71.94 per cent of the total candidates secured 50 per cent and above in the exams.  According to the Royal Civil Service Commission, there are 923 seats available in the civil service this year of which 245 are for teachers. The RCSC declared the results today.

Starting this year, the RCSC has changed the categorization of the exam toppers. There are now nine categories.

In the Administrative Services category, Yeshey Pelden who studied Bachelors of Science in Sustainable Development at the College of Natural Resources topped the list with 75.22 per cent.

In the Finance Services category, Sangay Lhendup who graduated from Gedu College of Business Studies with a Bachelors in Commerce is the topper with 67.10 per cent.

Sangay Lhendup said, “I am happy with the result today. I never expected such a good result. I would like to thank all my family and friends who have been a big support to me. ”

In the Post Graduate Diploma in Education or PGDE category, Kusal Khandal who studied B.Sc Physics at the University of Texas in the United States topped the exams with 72.43 per cent.

“I just prepared to do the exam well and get through RCSC somehow but the result is overwhelming.  I didn’t expect it because I was away from Bhutan for 4 years and coming and doing the exam in General category was always tough but I just tried my best to do the exam. So, I would like to thank those who always believed in me and supported me in this journey,” said Kusal Khandal.

In the Technical MBBS category, Dependra Chapagai from All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, India topped the exam with 75.55 per cent.

Similarly, Rinzin Wangmo who is a B.Sc Optometry graduate from Manipal University in Karnataka, India topped the Technical Allied Medical Services category with 77.22 per cent.

With 77.65 per cent, Nima Rinchen who studied B.Sc Statistics at Amity Institute of Applied Science topped the Technical Engineer or ICT and Statistics exams.

And Tenzin Drukgyel, who studied B.Sc Forestry at the College of Natural Resources topped the Technical Bio Science category scoring 76.63 per cent.

In the Dzongkha Category, Jamyang Loday who graduated from the College of Language and Culture Studies came first after scoring 78.49 per cent.

Jamyang Loday said, “I am very happy and satisfied with the result. Though I never imagined I would get such a good result, I think it’s all thanks to the prayers and well wishes of my students at the school I worked at and also thanks to the support from my family and friends ”

And with 75.41 per cent, Cheki Yangzom from Paro College of Education topped the B.Ed Category.

A total of 2014 graduates sat for the main exam of the Bhutan Civil Service Exam this year.

Sonam Yuden

Edited by Yeshi Gyaltshen

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube