Druk Thuendrel Tshogpa’s first convention will be on Monday

Druk Thuendrel Tshogpa is gearing up to join the next parliamentary elections race. The new party will commence its first convention on Monday. During the convention, the party will endorse the charter, finalize the candidates and elect the party’s president and vice president.

Druk Thuendrel Tshogpa is in the process of getting officially registered as a political party with the Election Commission of Bhutan. The party claims to have about 2,500 supporters with a minimum of 50 members from each constituency.

According to one of the core founders of the party, Chenga Tshering (PhD), the party has some capable candidates from various backgrounds such as civil servants and members from other political parties.

“The idea of forming a new party is not from core founders, I think we just facilitated the moment that was started by the people. There were people from various parties wanting to have a new party with a different ideology. The party that would serve the people so I think that’s why we call it Thuendrel meaning unity.”

He said they came up to provide the voters with another choice and to serve them truthfully if they get elected. “Basically, the politicians show two faces. One at the time of the election and the other one, later. So we just don’t want to be like such a party. We wanted to do what we say so that is what we are sticking to.”

He also said the party had a discussion with the Election Commission of Bhutan and it will speed up the registration process only after its first convention:

“As per the Election guidelines, I think we’re required to register within one month of the first convention, so we are following their steps, and guidance and we are working on getting our party registered.”

The party’s first convention will be held in Paro on Monday. He said only a hundred members will attend the convention in line with the current COVID protocol. However, the convention will be LIVE streamed on social media platforms for other members and supporters.

Kelzang Choden

Edited by Sonam

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube