BCCB promotes cricket at grassroot level

The Bhutan Cricket Council Board (BCCB) has reached over 1,500 students as part of its grassroots programme which started last week. The programme is being initiated in collaboration with UNICEF Bhutan and is targeting some 40 schools in Paro, Thimphu, Wangdue, Punakha, Sarpang, and Chukha districts.

Most students who are taking part in the programme are first timers to learn cricket. Despite that, they are learning the skills with so much enthusiasm and eagerness.

“Playing this, I feel really lucky and proud because in our day to day life we don’t get such type of opportunity,” said a student of Lungtenzampa Middle Secondary School, Kuenden Rabgay.

Some other students’ opinions were as same as his.

“Firstly I love this game because I love playing with balls. So, I am loving this game. Secondly, I am happy to have this great opportunity,” said Divya Rai, also a student from Lungtenzampa MSS.

Eight coaches from the Bhutan cricket are leading the grassroots programme. They introduce the students to basics of batting, bowling, fielding, and team work with the hope of promoting the game of cricket at the grassroot level.

“We are trying to introduce cricket in different schools so that cricket can progress,” said Dechen Wangmo, Grassroots Coach with Bhutan Cricket Council Board.

Over the weekend, the programme reached close to 800 students in Sarpang Lower Secondary School and over 100 students is Punakha Central School. The programme will conclude by the end of this month.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube