People in Monggar improve cooking skills through culinary training

A 10-day culinary training was organised recently to improve the cooking skills of those who work in hotels and restaurants in Monggar for the first time.

The participants, through the training, are expected to provide a wide range of hygienic cuisines to the locals and tourists.

For Chencho Thinley, the training has come as a blessing in disguise. He waited for a long time to attend such training. With his passion in culinary, Chencho is planning to open a restaurant at Nganglam in Pema Gatshel. The 28-year-old graduate is currently unemployed and stays home.

“My friend suggested me to come at his place and start a business. It is not a big business but we should start with the small thing first. May be after two or three years I think I will be there with him and we will plan to work together and try to prepare different food items.”

For those who are already working in hotels and restaurants, they learned to prepare different local and international cuisines.

“In my restaurant, I used to prepare only Bhutanese dishes such as mushroom Datshi, beef Datshi and chicken curry. But during the training we learnt to prepare Indian and Chinese cuisines as well like chicken Masala, chicken butter and spring roll,” said Tshering Zangmo.

Two chefs from the Royal Body Guards trained 27 participants to prepare about 40 different food items. Participants exhibited their cooking skills which they learned on the last day of the training. Office of the Gyaltshab in Gyalpoizhing organised the training.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube