Keta Karma bags the coveted prize

The coveted prize of the continuing Yangphel Archery Tournament, a Maruti Suzuki A-star car, will be driven home by Karma Thinley popularly known as Keta Karma, a movie actor. He hit 36 kareys in 45 rounds.

Although a seeded player, Karma Thinley said he did not expect to get the prize. “When you get prize like this obviously you feel happy. But I am happier for my friends and the crowd who supported me during the tournament to become the winner,” says Karma Thinley with all smiles.

It takes a lot of practice to become a winner but karma said luck also plays an equal role. He started playing archery using compound bow only from 2006.

“I don’t know how the previous winners managed, but for me it’s the constant practice, matching bow and arrows with your strength to become a winner” he says.

Although he managed to score the highest Kareys in the tournament he lost out in the seeded shoot-out organised yesterday. He couldn’t even make it to the Joker’s round or the wild card entry.

Gold seeded title
Wangchuk from the Motion Pictures Association of Bhutan (MPAB), walked away with the Gold Seeded title, the best among the best.

Our reporter, Sonam Ugyen, who witnessed the competition described as “clash of the titans.”

Forty four best archers in the country took part in the competition. The hits by the participants matched the enthusiasm of the spectators and the excitement of the archers.

Karma Dorji from BBS bagged the Silver title followed by Thinley Jamtsho.

They will get Nu. 15,000, 10,000, and 5,000 respectively.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube