Paro ready to host National Day celebrations

Paro-Paro Dzongkhag will be hosting the National Day celebrations, tomorrow. The celebrations will be held at the Ugyen Pelri Palace. The Dzongkhag is hosting the event after 33 long years. It last hosted in 1982.

Thinley Dorji, 41, says to see the preparations bring back old memories. He was nine years old in 1982. “It was celebrated at the Paro Airport ground and I had gone with my father to witness the event.”

Thinley says he cannot wait for tomorrow, especially with the chance to meet Their Majesties.

His Majesty the King will address the nation from the Ugyen Pelri Palace. His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo will also grace the occasion.

Paro is all set to celebrate the National Day tomorrow. Buildings and streets have all been decorated for the day.

Arrangements have been made to accommodate around 10,000 people including high profile guests as well as the local public.

Many say they will be heading to the ground early to get the best seats.

“We are all very excited. I am planning to make it there before 6 in the morning, and bring my whole family along with packed meals,” said a resident, Changla.

Around 36 local cab drivers and 13 buses have also volunteered to provide free transportation to the public tomorrow.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube