Indian Ambassador promises Gongphu-Panbang Highway completion in a year

Indian Ambassador promises Gongphu-Panbang Highway completion in a yearThe Indian Ambassador to Bhutan, Gautama Bambawale promised that the Gongphu-Panbang Highway will be completed in a year.

He was speaking to the people of Lower Kheng, during the inauguration of two major bridges, along the Gongphu-Panbang Highway.

“I know that Gongphu-Panbang Highway is not completely ready, though these two bridges are. And I promise that in one year’s time I will come here and hope entire road is completed by then.”

In the meantime, many locals are excited about the future prospects the highway would bring along.Indian Ambassador promises Gongphu-Panbang Highway completion in a year-

“Everything has changed, since the highway began,” said Jamphel Wangchuk of Pantang. He said this could as well be the biggest change, starting from the landscape, they would probably see in their lifetime.

Another villager from Phangkhar, Jigme Tenzin said the benefit of the highway is beyond their words. “The highways connecting east-west and central Dzongkhags passes through this Gongphu-Panbang highway.”

The construction of Gongphu-Panbang began in 2009 with financial support from the Government of India. About Nu 1.5 BN has been invested for the construction of the highway and three bridges along the highway.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube