Monthly Archives: December, 0

Poor Cordyceps yield in Lingzhi

The people of Lingzhi Gewog in Thimphu district are unhappy with the yields of Cordyceps this year. They hardly get 1-2 pieces by low collectors and around 10 pieces by high collectors per day, this time.

Seeking divine intervention for rain

Locals of Khatoedkha and Khamaedna chiwog in Gase Tshogongm Gewog, Wangdue Phodrang are carrying the Kanjur, a religious scripture books, on their back and...

Video clip of an accident shared on social media

The parents of the girl, whose accident clip was shared on social media recently, were disheartened. According to the parents, someone has filmed the footage while they were going through it to see the actual incident inside their shop after the accident on June 26th.

Revision on Fuel and LPG prices

The prices of petrol, diesel and non-subsidized LPG has been revised following the revision in India. The new prices will come into effect from today midnight.

A campaign, “I am My Community” launched in Paro

Residents of Paro and Paro Dzongkhag launched a campaign, “I am My Community” to create awareness on Paro Town’s vision, mission and strategy on Saturday.  It is the part of Project Mikhung, a community building initiative by Bhutan Centre for Media and Democracy (BCMD).

Students in Trashi Yangtse excited about getting meals after mid-term.

Located in a remote place of Trashi Yangtse, students of Tshangphuchen primary school in Toedtsho Gewog are now excited as they will be getting meals after mid-term. So far, students have to bring their own packed lunch.

Ongoing Gelegphu industrial road construction damaged by rain recently

The ongoing access primary road network construction at Jigmiling Industrial Estate was damaged due to the heavy rainfall on June 24th. The cost of the damages was estimated at around Nu. 4 M.

Tsirang town to have a public toilet

Business communities and visitors to Damphu town alike welcomed the Tsirang dzongkhag's move to construct a public toilet in the core town area. Currently to attend a nature's call one must request a shopkeeper or restaurants to use their toilets.

Wangsel Insititute and Muenselling Institute back to being a separate Institute

Starting this July, Wangsel Insititute for the Deaf under Drukgyal Central School in Paro and Muenselling Institute in Khaling under Jigme Sherubling Central School in Trashigang will be back to being a separate Institute.

Blocks at Ossey and Jantibir cleared after 5 days

The roadblock at Jantibir above Ossey was opened to traffic for all types of vehicles around 9.40 am yesterday. Around 100-meter road formation at Jantibir along Gelegphu - Zhemgang highway was completely washed away by the heavy rainfall on the night of June 24th.
- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Read

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube