Monthly Archives: December, 0

A two-day volleyball tournament was also organised over the weekend in Phuentshogling.  In the finals, team Thimphu Highland defeated Shooting Stars Club. The finalists were awarded trophies and cash prizes.  Seven teams took part in the tournament.

Team Rinchen Peling won the second Annual Pasakha Football Championship in Phuenthsoling. In the finals played on Sunday, they defeated Pelden TMT. The winners took...

Bhutan keen to attract more investors from India: PM

Bhutan is keen to attract more investors from India according to Prime Minister, Tshering Tongay. The Prime Minister, in a business meeting with representative of India Association Chambers of Commerce and industry, urged Indian private sector to invest more in Bhutan.

11 die in explosion

Eleven people died in an explosion at the ammunition disposal site in Haa earlier today. Our reporter, Yeshey Gyeltshen, says eight were killed on the spot, and three succumbed to injuries at the IMTRAT hospital. Five injured have been airlifted and referred to the National Referral Hospital in Thimphu.

PM still in India

A Business Luncheon meeting was hosted by the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Confederation of Indian Industry and the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry for Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay and the Bhutanese delegation. Lyonchhen will leave for Hyderabad this evening to visit an IT park and call on the governor of Andhra Pradesh.

Bhutan loses to Afghanistan in SAFF championship

Bhutan’s national football team who played its first match against Afghanistan in the SAFF championship in Nepal, today, lost by three goals to nil.

A new lease on life

The news had devastated him. Pema Dorji, 43, from Samdrup Jongkhar, was among the earliest to be diagnosed with HIV in the country in 2001. The news was hard on his family and friends as well. “My family, my friends, and not even my parents supported me,” he said.

- Advertisment -
Google search engine

Most Read

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube