His Holiness consecrates Haa Lhakhang Karpo

After having been mired in corruption scandal since its reconstruction began in 2010, the Lhakhang Karpo in Haa was finally consecrated on Saturday.His Holiness the Je Khenpo presided over the consecration ceremony.

The reconstruction of the 7th century lhakhang was completed in October last year. The seat of the local guardian deity, Ap Chundu, finally stands tall in its full glory.

The Haaps beamed with pride as His Holiness consecrated the lhakhang. It was the day they have all been waiting for.

72-year-old Passing Gyem is elated that she’s lived long to be part of this celebration. “I pray that I live longer to see such changes,” she said.

“The lhakhang looks very different and we are really happy, and would like to thank His Majesty and His Holiness,” Nim Dorji said.

“The scared lhakhang has always been magnificent and the renovation works have added to its grandeur, which makes me so happy,” Chencho Dorji said.

They are particularly happy because the corruption scandal surrounding the reconstruction works had them worried over how things would go.

“There were lots of problem with the construction, which made us skeptical about its completion,” Sonam Pem said.

“The lhakhang used to be small and now it’s been reconstructed beautifully. His Holiness consecrated the lhakhang and we can’t be more fortunate,” Chundu said.

The reconstruction work was completed within the initial estimate budget of Nu 150 m despite the addition of many additional infrastructures.

“Everything is complete now. We have constructed more structures than planned and yet we used only Nu 149 m, which is less than the estimated budget of Nu 150 m,” Haa Dzongda Kingzang Dorji said.

The renovation of Lhakhang Karpo was initiated upon the command of His Majesty The King.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube