His Holiness performs thruesel at Dramar where Yum Jumma Lhazey statue is being built

His Holiness the Je Khenpo presided over a thruesel ceremony at Dramar Lhakhang in Autsho yesterday where the construction of a statue of Lord Buddha’s mother Jumma Lhazey is going on.

Dramar Lam Ugyen Dorji is initiating the construction of the statue upon the command of His Holiness.

He said, once complete, all mothers can worship the statue of Yum Jumma Lhazey as their protective deity and son Dhoenkuen Drukpa as their baby’s god.

This project is the second of its kind in the country. The first one was constructed in Tsirang. “His Holiness has always stressed the importance of child and mother relationship but not everyone understands it, and this is why the statue is being built,” Lam Ugyen Dorji said.

“The statue will also bring peace and happiness in the country.”

The construction of approximately seven feet tall statue began in September last year and is expected to be complete by September this year.

Currently, there are two artists who are carrying out sculpture work at the site. “I feel so happy for the opportunity to be part of the project, so I am giving my best,” Sangay, one of the artists said.

Lord Buddha was born to Juma Lhazey and Zeytsang Sey in Lumbini in India on the 15th day of 4th lunar month.

Dramar Lhakhang was constructed five years ago upon the command of His Holiness. It is located few kilometers away from Namdroeling Goenzin Dratshang in Autsho.

Dramar Lam Ugyen Dorji is planning to organize a grand mothers’ day celebration in September this year at Drakmar Lhakhang as a tribute to all mothers.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube