Bridge connecting three gewogs inaugurated

Bridge-DungnaGewog- Chhukha-TomichhuPeople of Dungna Gewog under Chhukha, were unable to reap the full benefit of road connectivity in the absence of a bridge across Tomichhu. But their grievance has been taken care of.

A bridge, costing Nu.12 million, spanning over 200 feet, has been constructed. The Bridge connects three gewogs, Loggchina, Dungna and Metakha to the main road.

Ap Tandin from Dungna, who had come to attend the inauguration yesterday, said he can now plan a travel even during the monsoon season.

“For income, we go to Phuentsholing to sell ginger and other vegetables. But during monsoon, this was not possible as there was no bridge across the river. Now, I and my other villagers can go anytime. I would like to express my gratitude to the government.”

Like Ap Tandin, the bridge will benefit almost two hundred households of Metakha and a part of Loggchina and Phuentshogling gewogs as well. Bridge-DungnaGewog--Chhukha-Tomichhu

“Even in summer, people can harvest vegetables for commercial purpose and travel to Phuentshogling for marketing and earn some extra income,” said Indra Lal Ghalley, the Loggchina Gup.

A villager from Loggchina, Ram Dhan Rai, said they used to face difficulties in transporting goods across the river. It was convenient only in winter. “But now, irrespective of the season, we can carry out the transportation works.”

Meanwhile, another 70 feet bridge on the same route was also inaugurated yesterday.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube