I did not spread regionalism: PDP’s Norbu Wangchuk

Norbu-Wangchuk--PDP--KanglungThe People’s Democratic Party’s (PDP) Kanglung-Samkhar-Udzorong Candidate, Norbu Wangchuk, refuted all the allegations put up against him by the Druk Phuensum Tshogpa (DPT) in Trashigang.

He said DPT has been repeatedly alleging PDP of coalition when there is none.  “During the party meeting at Pangpazor in Udzorong, there were supporters from both Chirwang and Nyamrup Tshogpa. They said they came to support me, I cannot leave them out. So I said if they want to support me, then they are welcome to PDP family.”

Norbu Wangchuk said the second allegation against him is on the card issued to their supporters. “There are hundreds of DPT supporters and Tshogpas. In a village, half of the village people are their party members and supporters. Since we also need supporters, we are looking for supporters.” He said like DPT, they have issued cards to their supporters.  “We have promised some support to our supporters by issuing cards like what DPT has promised to their supporters by issuing cards to their supporters.”

On the third allegation, about spreading regionalism between Ngalop and Sharchops, Norbu Wangchuk, said he was clarifying confusions created by rumors.

“For example PDP has been branded as Ngalop’s party, and if elected will have a Ngalop President. And therefore there are chances that Sharchops will be under Ngalops. That’s why, in every meeting I have been clarifying the issue by saying that PDP is not an Ngalop party and DPT a Sharchop Party but a party for every Bhutanese.” He said as far as he believes, he has made a statement which will benefit the country.

Top Stories

Related Stories

17 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube