No approval for reality show’s organiser for two years

The organiser of the reality show, Dance Khoray Dance, will not be given approval to organise similar shows over the next two years.

According to the findings by Bhutan InfoComm and Media Authority (BICMA), the organiser changed the prizes for the winners without seeking approval from BICMA.

BICMA had started investigation after the parents of the contestants lodged a complaint against the organiser saying the prizes distributed to the winners were not as promised.

According to BICMA, the organiser of the show will have to give prizes to the winners and runners up as per the proposal submitted to BICMA.

The organiser of the reality show, Phub Dorji, says BICMA has done a proper investigation and the findings are fair. “But in it, the first prize is reflected as Nu.100,000. However in the proposal, it is Nu.75,000. So, I want to discuss this with BICMA.”

The organiser said the winner’s prize was announced as A-Star car along with Nu.75,000. But he said A-Star car had to be cancelled after the Ministry of Finance issued a notice saying not to award cars as prizes.

The organiser said after the completion of show, he gave cheque of Nu.100,000 to the parents of the winners. But he had to ask the bank to stop the payment as the withdrawal wasn’t made even a week after the winners were announced.

“I began to get suspicious as I heard from someone that the parents are planning to put up a letter to BICMA. So I hastily went to the bank to stop the payment. Maybe because of this, they could have thought the cheque bounced.”

According to parents of the winners, the bank did not accept the cheque saying there was no money in the account reflected on the cheque.

Top Stories

Related Stories

9 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube