Tashi Choden from Wangdue Phodrang crowned Miss Universe Bhutan 2022

Miss Universe Bhutan 2022 competition ended on June 4 finally crowning its new champion in Thimphu. 23-year-old Tashi Choden from Wangdue Phodrang was crowned the Miss Universe Bhutan 2022. 

Tashi Choden, who is a model is the new title holder of Miss Universe Bhutan. She also won three other titles such as Best in Kira, Best in evening gown and Best ramp walk.

“Winning this pageant is a legitimate platform where I can advocate on social issues and talk to young women and try to empower them and try to make them believe in themselves more because I had a hard time believing in myself and look where I am right now,” said Tashi.

Tashi will now represent Bhutan at the Miss Universe Pageant which will be held later this year. Sonam Peldon from Wangdue Phodrang became the first runner up and Eden Zangmo from Trashigang took the place of the second runner up.

Adorned in their finest attire, 23 contestants from across the country participated in the Miss Universe Bhutan pageant this year.

This is the third edition of the beauty pageant which began in 2008. The second one was held in 2010 and the third one is being held after more than a decade.

Beginning this year, Miss Bhutan will be an annual event.

Samten Dolkar 

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube