NFE grows in popularity in Dorokha

Non-formal Education (NFE) is becoming popular in Dorokha in Samtse. There are over 200 NFE learners and from just eight NFE centres at the beginning of this year, there are now 14.

39-year-old Tuku Maya Kafley walks for about an hour every day to get to the NFE centre.

It has been about six months now since she enrolled as an NFE learner. She not only understands but can also read and write in Dzongkha.

“I know how to write my name in Dzongkha. I can also read the Dzongkha words written on signboards. So, I am really happy. I hope I will soon be able to speak fluent Dzongkha,” she said.

Durga Lal Adhikari is another NFE learner. “When I visit hospital or BHU, I can read the name of the doctors there.”

Tshering Yangzom, the NFE Instructor in Dophuchen Gewog, is all praises for her students.

“We didn’t have so many leaners in 2010. But now, the people have understood the benefits of NFE. I enjoy teaching them because they are quick learners,” she said.

There are plans to open 12 more NFE centres in the three gewogs of Dorokha dungkhag as requested by the public.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube