English | Dzongkha Saturday, October 21, 2017

No English teacher for Jakar Rabdey

Feb 28, 2012

The Jakar Rabdey in Bumthang has been without an English teacher for a couple of months now. Until the mid of last year they had a contract teacher. The teacher left after the contract period of over one year ended in mid-last year.

Following a circular issued by His Holiness the Je Khenpo to introduce English classes in all the Rabdeys, a contract teacher was sent to Jakar Rabdey in 2009 by the Ministry of Education and the Central Monastic Body funded by the UNICEF.

The Lam Neten of the Rabdey said it has become necessary for the monks to learn English in this day and age.“For example when the tourists come to Bhutan, the first place they visit is the Dzong. So when they put up question regarding the culture and when the Dzong was built we cannot give an answer. That is why learning English I feel has become really necessary for the monks.”

The Jakar Rabdey was established in late 1990s and has thirty monks as of now.

3 Comments for “No English teacher for Jakar Rabdey”

1. In the beginning, I would like to thank you much about this great blog. I have found it useful and informative resource for all English learners. I would like also to thank you much about this post, I have found it very useful and helpful resources. By the way, I have found also a blog here called Learning English Online . This blog covers also a good number of free English learning resources for all English learners. Thanks once again for all of your efforts in this blog and I hope to find out more topics to help us learn and master English for free.

2. Dongla

No Dzongkha Teachers for English Schools and No English Teachers for Dzongkha Schools. Is the same problems here.

3. Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to
    produce a great article… but what can I say… I put things off a lot and never seem to get anything done.

Leave a Reply to Dongla

− nine = 0

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.