His Majesty grants audience to the people of Dorokha Dungkhag

His Majesty the King granted audience to the people of Dorokha Dungkhag in Samtse, today. His Majesty is on a five-day royal visit to remote Gewogs of Haa and Samtse.

Machak Bahadhur Rai, 78, travelled from Dumtoed, one of the remote Gewogs of Dorokha, for the event today. Despite his age, he braved a three-hour bumpy ride in a bolero from his village to Dorokha Dungkhag. After all, he says, it’s once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

“I never thought I would be able to meet His Majesty,” said Machak. “It has been like a dream for me. And today, I am really happy because my dream fulfilled.”

Like him, hundreds of people from Denchukha, Dophuchen and Dumtoe Gewogs gathered to take part in the occasion.

They performed various dances and songs native to their community. His Majesty the King granted tokha to the people gathered.

“To meet our Majesty before our eyes is like a dream come true,” said a Dumtoed resident, Phul Maya Rai.

“We could see His Majesty from so close.It was like meeting the god. We are all really happy,” Meena Rai from Dumtoed said.

In the morning, His Majesty the King visited the recently constructed Gatsheling Lhakhang in Dogap village. It serves as the community lhakhang for the people of Dorokha and houses Tempa, Guru and Zhabdrung as its main relics.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube