Another defeat for Phuentshogling City

In the ongoing National League 2017, Phuentshogling City suffered their third consecutive defeat, yesterday. And on Saturday, Ugyen Academy notched up their second win on the trot, beating Paro United.

Paro United put in a spirited performance holding Ugyen Academy to a goalless first half. However, two second half goals from Chhuma Dorji ensured Ugyen Academy maintain their winning run in the tournament. With the two goals, Chhuma Dorji took his tally to six goals and led the goal-scoring chart ahead of Chencho Gyeltshen who had five.

Here in the capital, yesterday, Transport United looked to match Thimphu City’s 8-0 demolition of Phuentshogling City last time out. Head Coach, Ngawang Dhendup rested a  few key players like goalkeeper Hari Gurung and striker Kencho Tobgay.

In a cagey first half, both teams took some time to settle down before a lapse in concentration from the Phuentshogling City defenders led to the opening goal for Transport United which added their second before the halftime whistle blew. Transport United netted their third goal before the attempt from outside the box and gave a consolation goal for Phuentshogling City to take back. 3 – 1  was the final scores.

“We expected more goals from the match, the boys did give their best. Today, I could see more combination plays down the flank and they used the flank more. Sadly we couldn’t score more goals,” said the Head Coach of Transport United, Ngawang Dhendup.

Meanwhile, the Manager of Phuentshogling City Tandin Penjor said lack of understanding among the team mates was the main contributing factor for losing the game.

“I have three players from India. I have players who have played for Thimphu City and Drukstars in the past. All of them played well but since they didn’t play together before, the understanding wasn’t there. We had limited time.”

With the victory against Phuentshogling City, Transport United are the early leaders in the league. However, Ugyen Academy can go to top, if they overcome Thimphu FC at the Changlimithang, tomorrow.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube