Patients miss routine check-up in absence of photometer

Patients miss routine check-up in absence of photometerDamphu Hospital in Tsirang has not been able to provide certain blood test services, after one of its machine, called photometer, broke down since May, this year.

Photometer is a machine that carries out blood tests for liver, kidney, gout and diabetes.

“I have been a diabetic patient for about a year now. I have to come to the hospital once a month. This is the second time I have not been able to undergo a check-up,” said a patient, Pema Chophel.

Damphu Hospital’s senior lab technician, Phurpa Tshering said the machine broke down because it has been used for about nine years now. He said the machine has been sent to Thimphu for repair.

However, the hospital has been providing routine blood tests which do not require the machine.

In the meantime, patients, who require blood tests with the help of photometer machine, have been asked to visit Gelegphu Regional Referral Hospital.

For the patients who are already admitted, the hospital is collecting blood samples and sending it to other hospitals for tests.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube