Eden Lucky Tshomo from Ugyen Academy wins 16th Golden Youth Award 2024

Eden Lucky Tshomo, a student from Ugyen Academy in Punakha emerged as the winner of the 16th Golden Youth Award 2024 yesterday. She stood out among 80 participants from 20 districts. She will now receive a scholarship to pursue studies abroad. The final event of the award was attended by Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay along with other ministers.

More than 80 students selected from 20 districts gather in Thimphu to participate in the Golden Youth Award annually. The participants are assessed based on academic competencies, extra co-curricular activities, innovation, talent and communication skills.

Eden Lucky Tshomo won the Golden Youth Award this year. She said that she was overwhelmed by the final result.

“I did not even think that I stood a chance because other participants were equally competent. I could see the atmosphere being very tense and them competing against each other. There were different categories, and I was sure that I would take back the certificate of participation. I did not even think about winning, but today after being declared as the winner I think it’s a great opportunity for me to enhance my experiences and I am looking forward to greater opportunities in the future.”

Meanwhile, Palden Dorji from Tang Central School in Bumthang, Thinley Yoezer Phuntshok from Yelchen Central School in Pema Gatshel, and Thegchok Loday from Nangkor Central School in Pema Gatshel were declared as first, second and third runners-up respectively.

Started in 2005 as a Golden Youth Award Camp and formally organised in 2008, the Golden Youth Award is a platform created to inspire and motivate the youth to excel holistically and portray excellence beyond academics.

Sonam Yuden

Edited by Sonam Pem

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube