Tobked Menchhu in Gasa gaining popularity due to its benefits

In recent years, Tobked Menchhu in Gasa has been gaining popularity alongside Gasa Tshachhu, especially among those dealing with migraine and joint pain. Visitors, some travelling from as far as Trashi Yangtse, come to soak in the medicinal spring. The spring is managed by a community forest management group in Khatoed Gewog.

The Tobked Menchhu is located at Rimi Chiwog in Khatoed Gewog. It is taken care of by the Tashi Thongmen Community Forest Management Group. For now, the group has a manager who looks after the management of the Menchhu.

It is believed that the Menchhu have healing properties for migraine and joint pain.

For people who have migraine, they immerse their heads in the Menchhu believing that it would cure migraines.

According to the manager, people visit the Menchhu mostly after hearing about it through acquaintances. Some visit it during their trips to Gasa Tshachhu.

“I have been coming here from the days when we had to walk to reach the Menchhu. If we are severely ill, soaking in the Menchhu is believed to be beneficial,” said Kencho Wangmo, a visitor.

“I heard about the Menchhu from my friends. They used to visit it every year. I came here expecting that it would heal my headache,” said Wangmo who came from Paro.

“I am suffering from headache and people said the Menchhu can heal such problems. So, I came here,” said Gyeltshen Wangdi who came from Trashi Yangtse.

According to the manager of the Menchhu, every day, 10 to 20 people are seen soaking in the Menchhu. The Menchhu also provides hot stone bath facilities but the service has to be paid.

Tshering Wangchuk, Gasa

Edited by Tshering Zam

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube