More than 200 stranded people in Thimphu left for various districts

More than 200 stranded people without private cars left Thimphu in private busses. The Road Safety and Transport Authority arranged the movement only towards Paro, Haa, Punakha and Gasa yesterday. Those with private cars can travel upon clearance by the 1010 help desk.

After waiting eagerly for days, the first batch of those stranded in Thimphu finally headed home.

People are required to undergo an RT-PCR test. The Help Desk then issues the e-passes based on the test results.

“We had a tough time making calls to move to our destination after the lockdown. I am happy. Finally, we get to go home,” said Pema Tshering, a resident of Haa.

“I came to Thimphu for my sister’s funeral. We couldn’t offer anything to the Zhung Dratshang in her name during the lockdown,” said Kencho Dorji, a resident of Gasa.

“I had come to the capital to make an appointment in the hospital. But lockdown happened and I was stuck. The online classes have already started,” said Sangay Choden, a student.

The second batch of stranded people in Thimphu will leave for Chukha, Samtse, Tsirang, Dagana, Sarpang, and Wangdue Phodrang today.

And the rest will go on Friday to nine other districts. All stranded are requested to register with 1010 for this service.

Meanwhile, the stranded people in other districts are asked to reach out to their respective task forces.

Kelzang Choden

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube