Tsirang gets a swimming pool

The next time you visit Damphu town, you will have the luxury to swim in a pool. The Tsirang district administration constructed the recreational facility.

Located between Damphu public football ground and Damphu Municipal office, the pool has separate pools for adult and children.

According to Tsirang Dzongda Pema, it is one of the many initiatives of the district to attract both international and domestic tourists post pandemic. His Majesty The King commanded that the nation should have better facility for foreigners visiting the country after the virus subsides. And the swimming pool here is one such preparation towards attracting foreign tourists in the district after the pandemic.”

The swimming pool has spacious restrooms and bathing facility. According to the Dzongda, in the absence of such a facility, people travel abroad spending thousands. “When our people go out of the country, there is a huge outflow of our money. With such a facility in place, it would help reduce the outflow of revenue.”

A private individual is operating the pool. He will have to pay  forty thousand ngultrum per month for the district administration.

“I have learnt that customers are charged hourly in other places. But in my case, the fee structure is a little different. I will charge 250 ngultrum for the adults and 200 ngultrum for children. With that amount, they can swim even for a whole day,” said the pool operator Namgay Thinley.

The district administration constructed the facility at a cost of over four million ngultrum.The dzongkhag administration also plans to install heating facility to keep the swimming pool operational throughout the year.

Pema Tshewang, Tsirang.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube