Residents are cautious as Phuentshogling sees further relaxations

The residents of Phuentshogling are cautious, as Phuentshogling opens up further with more relaxations. Most shops and restaurants remained closed. Not many people came out today as the town is still not safe from the virus.

Beginning today, more restrictions are being lifted after the second jab in mega zone 1 and 2. While the grocery and medical shops are allowed to operate, the restaurants are allowed to operate with only take-away service. The people are allowed to move only within their respective sub-zones.

“We had a tough time staying inside the house during the lockdown. It is not easy to stay inside the four walls for nearly four months. But we had no choice. The virus is risky and the lockdown is the only solution. For a person with high blood pressure like me, it is just unbearable. But today I am happy,” said Thinley Dorji, a resident of Phuentshogling.

However, some residents are playing it safe by not relaxing altogether even after the task force lifted some restrictions.

“I run a restaurant here. We are allowed to open after testing for the COVID 19. I didn’t open the restaurant today. We are allowed to operate with take-away service only. For little profit, I don’t want to take the risk. Most restaurants are closed today. I think they also do not want to take the risk,” said Tshering Wangmo, a restaurateur in the town.

“Our business has been affected badly in the last 100 days. Many residents have already left the town and I see the town quite empty. Even after the lockdown is being relaxed, I didn’t see many people around. I feel that most of the residents left for other places. We are not sure about the future here,” added Anup Chhetri, a shopkeeper.

The vegetable market in Phuentshogling is allowed to operate at 50 per cent capacity, constructions activities and industries are also allowed to operate in self-containment mode.

Meanwhile, the Mega zone 3, which extends from Rinchending checkpoint to Singyechhu in Pasakha was identified as a green zone on Saturday. There are no COVID cases so far there and people in that zone can move anywhere within the zone.

Sonam Penjor, Phuentshogling

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube