Dharma programme- to instil a positive attitude

Sarpang’s first Dharma camp concluded yesterday where the participants were introduced to the Buddhist practice like cause and effect and Bhutan’s unique culture. They describe the event as an eye-opener.

64 students from Sarpang and Tsirang attended the camp hosted by Norbuling Central School.

During the 15-day programme, students learned various Buddhist practices and theories. It was a meaningful engagement.

“His Majesty the King always emphasized on having strong and capable youths to ensure the country’s security and sovereignty in future. So by taking part in such a program, Bhutanese youths can learn our tradition from a religious perspective and serve our country uncorrupted and with utmost dedication,” said Yonten Gyamtsho, a participant.

“Attending the dharma programme has helped me learn different prayers. I leaerned the religious culture as well. With such an insight, I will be able to serve my country better,” added Deki Yangzom, also a participant.

The Dharma camp is organized when schools break for summer and winter vacations. It is to engage students in learning various Buddhist practices and through it, mould them to become better citizens.

“At a time of globalization, the program is mainly to instil a positive attitude into the minds of our youths,” said Pem Gyeltshen, from the Central Monastic Body.

Besides religious discourses, the programme also included talks by different agencies.

The Institute of Science of Mind organized the Dharma Camp with financial support from the Central Monastic Body.

Karma Wangdi

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube