Online shopping becoming popular

Online shopping is becoming popular among the Bhutanese. With online shopping people can buy goods from the comfort of their homes and offices.

Green Mart is an online grocery store, where you can buy all your groceries online. And the man behind the Green Mart is Damchey Lhendup. What prompted him to start the online grocery shop?

“I worked in one of the corporate sectors before and when I was shopping I faced hardships like finding parking space and traffic jam. So I came up with this idea thinking why not I open up something like that,” says the entrepreneur.

Damchey said the online grocery store was initiated with the aim to save fuel cost, avoid traffic congestion and help preserve the environment. It is just two weeks since he started the online business and he is already doing a good business.

He gets 15 to 20 orders in a day. Two ngultrum of every online order they get is donated to the Youth Development Fund. An online shopper said shopping online saves time especially if you are a busy person.

It is not only groceries that you can buy online, one can also buy second hand goods, garments, shoes and home décor stuffs. B-Bay, an online store offers second hand goods for sale and USA to Bhutan deals in goods imported from the US. Tshongs Bhutan, another online store deals in both new and second hand goods.

As more and more Bhutanese are starting online business, Damchey is planning to expand his business by going nationwide. He also has plans to offer fresh organic goods for sale in the future.

Top Stories

Related Stories

8 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube