ISL contract in the offing for Chencho?

After taking the I-League by storm in his first season, Chencho’s performances haven’t gone unnoticed by Indian Super League (ISL) franchises.

Speculations have grown over the past weeks that Chencho’s blistering performances have drawn attention of several ISL clubs.

Scoring six and assisting in 13 goals for his I-League club- Minerva Punjab FC, interests on Chencho was confirmed by club owner, Ranjit Bajaj, on his Twitter account.

Fellow I-League counterparts Mohun Bagan are also in the race to land the Bhutanese starlet. The recent Indian side to have graced the Changlimithang, Bengaluru FC, is rumored to have met with Chencho’s family, while they were in Thimphu.

With Minerva’s faith in Chencho’s abilities paying off three folds, and given the I-League club’s budget, the club owner tweeted it might be hard for him to keep hold of the pacy winger.

Chencho Gyeltshen on the other hand is keen to see out his current contract with the Punjab based side before sorting out his next steps.

His contract with Minerva Punjab FC runs out in May this year. Chencho has also been quoted saying to the Indian newspapers about his desire to land the first I-League crown for Minerva.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube