Number of Bangladeshi tourists swells

The number of Bangladeshi tourists visiting Bhutan has been increasing over the recent years. In 2015, some 5,851 tourists from Bangladesh visited the country. The figure spiked last year, as over 8,500 Bangladeshi tourists came to Bhutan.  

The number of tourist arrival is further expected to swell this year with the state visit of Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wazed to Bhutan, next week.

The Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) says nearly 10,000 tourists from Bangladesh are highly likely to visit Bhutan, this year.

“There is publicity with the Prime Minister of Bangladesh coming to Bhutan. I am sure there will be tourism officials with PM’s delegation. So we can look at collaborations in tourism sector since there are Bhutanese going for pilgrimage to Bangladesh. Also tourists from Bangladesh are coming here,” said TCB’s Media Spokesperson, Damcho Rinzin.

Some of the Bangladeshi tourists said country’s breathtakingly beautiful landscape and distinct culture are the two prime reasons why they choose Bhutan as their holiday destination.

“I read in the newspapers about Bhutan being the happiest country and also one of my students was Bhutanese who told me great things about the country. So all these intrigued me to plan my trip to Bhutan,” said one of the Bangladeshi tourists, Md Mosharraf Hossain.

Bhutanese people’s warm and hospitable nature is few other reasons which tourists from Bangladesh love frequenting the country.

“The moment we step out of the plane, we are greeted by pristine environment and people’s hospitable nature. We will surely return to Bangladesh with happy heart,” said another visitor from Bangladesh, Dr. Samaiya Sultana.

Over 1,000 Bangladeshi tourists visited the country when TCB first recorded their arrivals in 2006. They were the fourth highest visitors to Bhutan, last year. TCB generated over US$ 22 M from tourism, last year.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube