Construction of a house suspended in Paro

ConstructionHalted-ParoThe construction of a house in Shari Gewog in Paro has been suspended after the Land Record Officials found the land belonged to the public. The house belongs to a retired land official, Tenzin Thinley.

Tenzin Thinley said he had requested the land as Kidu in 1994. “It is definitely public land but I had requested for a Kidu. The land here was earlier occupied by other people and later given as Kidu to the people. I have not gotten the Kasho yet but I have been looking after it for many years.”

Tenzin Thinley said he faced no interferences or obstruction when he started the construction.

Shari Gup, Dago, said Tenzin Thinley had initially approached the gewog office requesting a permission to build a temporary shelter. “But he was later found constructing a cottage.”

He said he had sent a letter to the Tshogpas to make a list of government land encroachment. “After investigating the reports, we found there was a house being constructed. So as per the rules we asked him to stop the works.”

Gup Dago said 14 suspected land encroachment cases were inspected together with land record officials in the Dzongkhag.

He said further action will be taken when they receive reports of the investigations from Dzongkhag administration.

Top Stories

Related Stories

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube