Khaling BHU underutilised after upgradation

KhalingBHU-UnderutilisedResidents in Khaling, Trashigang, are yet to benefit from the newly constructed Grade I BHU. The BHU is currently understaffed and not fully equipped.

The need to equip the BHU to provide the required health services was raised during the recent Dzongkhag Tshogdu.

The BHU in Khaling was upgraded to a Grade I BHU last year. But even after about a year, the BHU is not well equipped to provide services to the people.

Normally for a Grade I BHU, there should be a minimum of 10 health staff including a medical officer, X-ray and eye technicians. But there are only four health staff, including two health assistants in the BHU.KhalingBHU-Underutilised-

Although the newly built BHU has provisions for health facilities like X-ray, dental and traditional medicine, yet most of the rooms are currently empty.

The BHU also does not have a proper fencing and there is no staff quarter.

According to the senior dzongkhag health officer in Trashigang, Tshewang Dorji, the BHU will be equipped in phase wise. The fencing for the BHU and construction of staff quarters will begin next year.

However, he said, when it comes to sending a doctor to the BHU, it might take a year or more as there is shortage of doctors in the Health Ministry.

This issue was raised during the recent Dzongkhag Tshogdu in Trashigang.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube