Need to defend and protect my Institution: NC Chairperson

DashoDrSonamKinga-WalkstoOffice. The Chairperson of the National Council, Dasho Dr. Sonam Kinga, said because the National Council found itself subjected to insult and humiliation, he has informed the government that it will be his position hereafter, not to ask for a vehicle, as if he his begging for his personal use.

After Dr.Sonam Kinga was elected as the Chairperson of the National Council, he was given a Crown car as an interim arrangement. He said he had to surrender the car, given its low clearance. He was also asked to set aside the vehicle for state guests and VIPs.

“I need to defend and protect the dignity and integrity of my institution whether the government would like to provide an official vehicle, which will remain with National Council, is up to them to decide.”DashoDrSonamKinga

The Chairperson also said he declined the offer made by the Prime Minister to use his vehicle for his constituency Visit.

Dasho Dr. Sonam Kinga also said during his second visit to Trashigang, he was planning to travel by public transport, having already purchased his ticket, because people in charge for allotting vehicle cited many reason for not being able to make vehicle possible. “But then for some reason they made 1999 modelled Prado available for use.”

He said, he was told that the vehicle will be taken for maintenance before they leave for Trashigang.

[pullquote]

…I have been asked to give an explanation and I do it with no compliant to anyone.”

Dasho Dr.Sonam Kinga,
Chairperson,
National Council

[/pullquote]

“Assurance was given that they would send better conditioned vehicle to Trashigang and prado will be taken back. However, despite spending time in Trashigang and coming back, the vehicle promised also was not provided.”

The Chairperson said he was also asked to hire a private vehicle, which he did not, as he would be flouting the rules while following protocol and security issues when travelling through Indian territory.

However, he also said this is not the first time he is walking. “…I have always walked before coming to office, after reaching home and on weekends for my health issues.”

Top Stories

Related Stories

20 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube