English | Dzongkha Friday, December 15, 2017

20 Monks lose everything to fire


Mar 26, 2013

KangkungShedraFireA fire gutted a temporary hostel of Kanglung Shedra in Trashigang, today. The fire started at around 11:40, this morning. Twenty monks, who stay in the hostel, lost everything to the fire.

The students of Sherubtse College, Jampeling High School, and locals battled the fire but nothing could be salvaged. By the time fire fighters arrived at the scene, it was too late. The hostel made of plywood was easily engulfed by the flames.fireKanglung

Upon the command of His Majesty the King, the Dzongkhag supplied blankets and mattresses to the affected monks. Sherubtse College also chipped in to help the affected monks.

The Khenpo said the monks will be now living at the Choekhang of the Shedra. The fire is suspected to have started from a short circuit.

 

 

Leave a Reply

*


7 × two =

Copyright © 2017 BBSC.