English | Dzongkha Sunday, October 17, 2021

No criminal intentions and personal gains: Home minister on Gyalpoizhing case

Jan 3, 2013

GyalpoizhingLandCaseHearingThe Home and Cultural Affairs’ Minister’s representative, Jamyang Sherab Wangdi, presented the Minister’s rebuttal on Gyalpoizhing land case, today.

In the ongoing hearings in Monggar District Court, Lyonpo Minjur Dorji’s representative, presented the statement saying the Minister had no criminal intentions and personal gains to allot the plots to a favoured few.

The statement went on to say the Minister always worked under the proper laws of the Municipal Act 1999. The Act empowers the municipal committee to allot land.

[pullquote]

I have always worked under the proper laws of the Municipal Act 1999.”

Lyonpo Minjur
Home Minister

[/pullquote]

The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) had accused the Minister of official misconduct for allotting the land to individuals and institutions that did not fulfill the basic criteria.

In today’s hearing, ACC was questioned on the legal standing of the case. The Minister’s representative said ACC has failed to prove the case as official misconduct.

Similarly, some of the committee members also presented their response statement to ACC’s findings. They said they had been following the directive of the committee’s Chairperson. A few of them submitted written documents to validate the Chairperson’s directive.

Some of them even said they had refused to sign the minutes of the meeting when the directive was issued.

Meanwhile, ACC also submitted its rebuttal statement to Dechen Singye, who was charged under criminal offence under the same case. He was the then secretary of the Land Allotment Committee. ACC said he should have known better as he was the technical expert and the one who kept the minutes of the meeting.

Dechen Singye is a building inspector.

ACC will submit its rebuttal to the Home Minister’s statement on the Gyalpoizhing land case on January 9.

4 Comments for “No criminal intentions and personal gains: Home minister on Gyalpoizhing case”

1. POKTO

Whatever said and done, I hope poor Dechen Singye (only a building inspector) is not made a scapegoat in the end. Hope Dechen Singye (Mr, Nobody) doesn’t have to take the brunt of the case.

Stated above:
    “Meanwhile, ACC also submitted its rebuttal statement to Dechen Singye, who was charged under criminal offence under the same case. He was the then secretary of the Land Allotment Committee. ACC said he should have known better as he was the technical expert and the one who kept the minutes of the meeting.”
    I wonder if the investigating officer have ever worked in Dzongkhag Administration under the Dzongdags. They (the investigators) ought to know how difficult it is to say no to Dzongdag.

2. scale

The title is inappropriate for case subjudice. Needs to be careful, liable for contempt of court proceedings.

3. I have gone thru the court proceedings and i begin to find the out come tomarrow verdicts. Drangpons often use technique to save higher officials and punished smaller one….The education procurement went similar way…an accountant was punished when signing officials were let off…similar may be happening with health scams…..no one will get punished… roots in Bhutanese is so much one is some how connected to every one…. what happened to gelephu land case …..the drangpon who was part of game was connected to higher ups and today he is out on helath ground and other smaller fish are still serving prison….. now i see here scape goat is already in the trap dechen singye…..poor building inspector…. when it comes to his pay perks and works come he is not recognised … now he is made important as secretary… merly keeping minutes and filing jobs……
    I know any where it happens…..connected are saved in any way… but let smaller be not punished thats my prayers…

4. pals

ACC infact is doing well but i doubt how the court reacts and reciprocrates since the case is very true with more manupulations in nature, high profile involments and MoHCA being a nephew to Chief Justice of Bhutan. we salute our Majesties for bring change in the governing syestem, if not we the Bhutanse might have lost all the belongs to those hungry tigers.

Leave a Reply

seven − = 5

Copyright © 2021 BBSC.