‘I will give my best’- says Ngawang Pem

“I am extremely grateful to His Majesty the King and the Government for conferring upon me this huge honour. But at the same time, I am worried because it is a huge responsibility,” said the first woman Dzongda, Ngawang Pem.

Speaking to BBS, she said many including her family members are worried whether she would be able to deliver or not as the post has so far taken up only by men.  “I told them that His Majesty and the government would not appoint me if they think I will not be able to do the job. His Majesty and the government have placed immense faith and confidence in me by appointing me. And I pledge to work hard and give my best to deliver,” she added.

When asked about what are some the immediate tasks she would like to carry out in Tsirang, Dzongda Ngawang Pem said it is too early to comment. “Honestly speaking, I have no experience in the field. Therefore, I am not in a position to talk about my work plans for Tsirang Dzongkhag at the moment. I will have to know and understand the situation in the Dzongkhag first. Only then will I be able to talk about my plans.”

Ngawang Pem, the Chief Human Resource officer in the Agriculture Ministry has made history by becoming the first woman Dzongda in the country. His Majesty the King appointed her as the Dzongda of Tsirang last Thursday.

Top Stories

Related Stories

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube