Chencho Gyeltshen signs for Punjab Football Club from Paro FC

Chencho Gyeltshen joins Punjab Football Club on an initial 2-year deal until 2022. He officially confirmed and announced his move to the new club through social media today. Punjab Football Club, previously known as the Minerva Punjab FC is an Indian Professional Football Club based in Punjab which competes in one of the top divisions of Indian Football, I league.

Despite receiving many offers from various international football clubs and many rumours circulating with regard to his next move, Chencho Gyeltshen finally confirmed that he has agreed to play for Punjab FC with whom he won the I-league back in 2018. His seven goals from 17 appearances in the I-league 2017-18 was one of the main reasons behind Minerva Punjab’s success.

“We had talks with the club a long time back but all the things got settled yesterday. I have signed a 2-year contract with the club. I opted to play for Minerva Punjab FC three years back and this time too I agreed to play for them. I have had many offers from other clubs but the deals could not be done due to the pandemic. And the main reason for choosing Punjab FC was because the negotiations happened smoothly as per my conditions,” said Chencho Gyeltshen.

With Chencho sealing the deal with Punjab FC, he will now not be eligible to play for his native club Paro FC. Chencho Gyeltshen is currently the top scorer of the ongoing Bhutan Premier League 2020 with 10 goals in just 6 games.

“Actually I had my contract with Paro FC till the end of these December, however, now this deal happened. I would like to personally thank Paro FC and the league here is not over, there are about 7 matches still to be played. Despite this, the management of Paro FC has been very supportive and helped me to focus on my career. It is also because of Paro FC that I have got this move done today,” he added.

The 25-year-old, Chencho Gyeltshen from Paro is the country’s most capped player as well as the highest ever goal scorer with 10 internationals goals in 30 matches till date. And according to AFC transfer market, Chencho Gyeltshen is also the most valued Bhutanese player with the global market value of Nu 12.5 M.

As per the contract signed with the Indian team, Chencho is supposed to reach India before the end of this month. He will leave for India on 30th of this month.

Passang Dorji

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube