Egg tray manufacturing unit in SJ doing well

The lone egg tray manufacturing unit in Samdrup Jongkhar is doing a lucrative business. The unit, which started three months ago, supplies egg trays to poultry farmers in the eastern part of the country.

Tshering Tobgay, a scrap dealer, established the Druk Egg Tray Manufacturing Unit with about Nu 10 M, of which, he received a loan of Nu 6 M  from Bank of Bhutan under Priority Sector Lending scheme.

“Every day I receive tons of cartoons from the eastern part of the country, so I decided to set an egg tray manufacturing unit to recycle the paper waste. Also, to supply egg trays to the poultry farm owners,” he said.

“I have worked hard to set up this unit. I am receiving many orders. So far I have sold egg trays worth Nu 60,000 to 70,000.”

At present, the unit produces 2,000 egg trays in a day. A piece of egg tray fetches Nu 3.50.

Meanwhile, poultry owners said with the egg tray manufacturing unit in Samdrup Jongkhar it has become easier for them to get egg trays, earlier they have to buy from neighbouring Indian towns.

There are three egg tray manufacturing units in the country.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube