PM says govt. will work towards providing better incentives to teachers

The Prime Minister Dr Lotay Tshering said that the Government in its tenure would work towards better incentivizing the teachers for the work that they do, citing that teachers need to be well paid. He was speaking at the teachers’ day celebration in Samtse yesterday.

May 2, which is observed as the birth anniversary of His Majesty the Third Druk Gyalpo, is celebrated as teachers’ day in the country. A day where students remind their teachers the way they have shaped and touched their lives. A day to pay tribute to His Majesty the Third Druk Gyalpo, the father of modern Bhutan.

The prime minister celebrated the day at the Samtse Higher and Lower Secondary Schools.

“To treat teachers as same as any other civil servant, I personally do not find it fair. All other civil servants are the products of the teachers. If teachers’ wellbeing is taken care of, I feel the future generations of civil servants are well taken care of. And I do not think that other civil servants will compare with the teachers,” he said.

He added that he has the highest of regards to teachers.

“In the classroom, they have to teach the students. On the campus, they have to be an example, in the town they have to be an example to the whole community. So, the teacher’s role starts in the classroom and ends only when they take their last breath.”

It was also a day for students to express their gratitude to their teachers.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube