Aerobic dance for students attracts parents as well

Happy Walk is an aerobic dance exercise program introduced by Trashi Yangtse Lower Secondary School to keep its students fit.

But what started as a student activity soon went on to become a community activity as parents and town residents joined the group exercise program.

Every Saturday evening, a group of over 40 parents, office goers and NFE learners gather at the school and dance to lively music.

Aerobic dance is a fun way to exercise. It involves various dance-inspired movements set to rhythmic music beats.

“This initiative taken by the school has benefited us a lot. We cannot do any exercise at home, so I try to come here for the aerobic dance whenever I get time,” Choten Wangmo said.

“The aerobic dance exercise involves movement of all body parts, which is really good. I think this will help us become fit and keep non-communicable diseases at bay,” Chador Wangmo, another participant, said.

As the aerobic dance group continues to grow with more parents jumping onboard, the initiative is helping in bringing the school and the parents together.

“When the teachers and parents come together and bond well, it will ultimately benefit our children,” Yeshi Sydon, the Principal of Trashi Yangtse LSS, said.

The Happy Walk exercise program was initiated as per the resolution of the recent Dzongkhag Sherig Lhenzom held during the summer vacation.

“Besides education, exercise is important for the students. That’s why we decided to start the program in all the schools in the dzongkhag. We are glad the parents are taking keen interest in it,” Phuntsho Wangdi, the Vice Prinicpal of Trashi Yangtse LSS, said.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube