Japanese Opera singer encourages world peace through music

Encouraging world peace through singing, music brought Meiko Tsurusawa, an accomplished Japanese Opera singer in the country.

The singer is currently on a world tour giving hope and encouragement through her talent. She performed in the capital yesterday.

The singer, 66, started her performance by singing the national anthem of Bhutan giving it a different feel through her opera singing. She can sing national anthems of 45 countries and has been singing them instilling patriotism and nationalism in people. She travelled to over 30 countries encouraging world peace through her talent. Bhutan is the second last country.

“Since childhood I have respected and considered our Japanese Emperor and Empress as my parents. And similarly, Bhutanese people also respect Their Majesties The King and The Queen as their parents,” she said. “I feel a deep connection with Bhutan and it is my honour to come to Bhutan,” the Opera singer added.

Opera singing is the most difficult form of singing that dates back to late 15th century. It involves strong vocal and use of the natural voice without any alteration. And Meiko Tsurusawa received praises for her opera singing from international first-class musicians.

Despite the adversities she went through when she was diagnosed with a disease, she did not give up. And that made her understand that focus and effort can create miracle.

“When I was six years old, I suffered from severe sickness and my half body was almost paralyzed,” she said. “That time I heard a voice from heaven telling me that my mission is to sing. Since then I have considered it to be a spiritual connection and have embarked on my journey of making a difference.”

She plans to visit more developing countries to bring people together through her singing as music is the only power that makes everyone dance to the same beat regardless of the differences.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube