Man found dead from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

A 42-year-old man has been found dead in his apartment at Changidaphu in Thimphu on Saturday. His wife and stepdaughter found him lying unconscious in a room when they returned home in the morning.

They then rushed him to the national referral hospital but the medical report said he had already died by then. Police said the man had spent the night alone at home during the incident.

Police and doctors said the man could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning. A container filled with charcoal was found in the room with no ventilation, which is suspected to be the cause of the poisoning. It was also found that the family often uses charcoal to keep their home warm.

No external injuries or discharges were found. However, a pinkish discolouration was observed on the deceased’s nails and body, believed to be the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The case is under investigation and police have yet to receive the post-mortem report.

Tashi Dekar

Edited by Sonam Pem

Top Stories

Related Stories


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments