Phuentshogling begins third phase of unlocking

Phuentshogling entered into the third phase of unlocking today. People welcomed the move. The Southern COVID-19 Task Force allowed the Inter-Mega Zone movement but people are not allowed to drive. This relaxation will go on for a week.

Until today, despite little relaxation in the town, people were not allowed to move outside their respective Mega Zones. However, as relaxations started today, people are seen walking around. Taxi services are also allowed with passengers from the same cohort.

“Since we cannot see the virus we always have to worry about the infection. I have a family member who is suffering from Diabetes so it concerns me. Nevertheless, it is refreshing to see more relaxations in the town,” said Chimi Dema.

“We were expecting the lockdown to be relaxed soon, though the restrictions are for our safety. Yet, we are quite happy that the town is being relaxed further. I pray that the viral infection keeps declining hereafter,” said Namgay Lhendup.

“Due to lockdown restrictions, we could not go to the other side of the bridge. Most activities happen in the core town and when we are not allowed to move there, we have to face problems. We are happy that we got more relaxation from today. It doesn’t mean we are not concerned about the virus. We are being vigilant and following the protocols,” said Nimgyel.

The movement of people is allowed only till 6:30 PM. While the business establishments are allowed to operate, restaurants and bars are allowed with only 50 per cent capacity.

According to the Southern COVID 19 Task Force, most of the positive cases in the town are being detected from the containment centres, red clusters and red buildings.

The Task Force also said that the symptomatic cases from flu clinics are also declining. Further, more than 90 per cent of the eligible population also received boosters.

Sonam Penjor, Chhukha

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube