Second dose vaccination begins in Phuentshogling

The residents in Phuentshogling are all smiles as they start getting the second jab of COVID vaccines. The vaccination began from Pasakha today. Phuentshogling has been under lockdown for nearly a hundred days since April after the detection of two cases from the community. This is the third lockdown there.

Phuentshogling continues to see an increasing number of COVID-19 cases, despite several measures in place to prevent the virus spread. Just yesterday, fourteen positive cases were detected from the community.

And as cases are detected every day, the lockdown continuous to stretch. Residents are impatient. But with the second dose, they are expecting things to change.

“We are very much delighted that the second dose of vaccination is finally here. It has brought in a big sigh of relief because we have been working under containment mode for the last 100 days. Life has been tough for us. Now, I presume that the days ahead will be much easier than the days we had,” said Passang Sherpa, a resident of Phuentshogling.

“The moment we heard that people will be vaccinated here, the residents were so happy. I will also take the Moderna vaccine, the one the Prime Minister took as a second jab. I hope people will also prefer that. Once we are vaccinated, we hope that even Phuentshogling will get back to normalcy like other districts,” said Dechen Lhamo, another resident.

Since most of the cases are from Mega Zone 2, there will be mass testing before the vaccination. The Mega Zone 2 is from Omchhu River to Rinchending. The health officials said the vaccine will not be effective if a person has COVID. More than 24,000 people have registered for the vaccine in Phuentshogling. The task force plans to announce the relaxation of lockdown soon.

Sonam Penjor, Phuentshogling

Edited by Tandin Phuntsho

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube