Entrepreneurship Development Course introduces Product Launch as post-training service for the participants

In its endeavour to help new ventures get better in achieving their goals and improve business, the department of employment and human resources introduced Product Launch as part of a 15-day Entrepreneurship Development Course. The participants launched 19 business products and services right after the training. The product launch is first of its kind, the department initiated. Overseas returnees, laid offs, job seekers, and aspiring individuals took part in the program.

In the past, trainees weren’t given any post-training services. But this time the department included the product launch as part of the course to explore the market for the products and to make a network with potential investors and buyers.

Tshepel, who makes home-made pastries, launched her product called Plethora Bakes.

“You don’t need to have a degree or be a professional in what you want to pursue. If you have a skill, you can come, develop it and people here will help you take it further.”

Sonam Yangchen who launched her home décor and floristry business said, “My main products are all-natural flowers. It can be used on any occasion as a gift. Through my business, I will be able to reduce the import of artificial flowers which in turn will help in creating an eco-friendly and green environment.”

Tshewang Thinley, another participant also shared his excitement about his newly launched service called Bhutan Instant Surveying Services.

“We are basically going to offer land and engineering services within Bhutan. We will deliver a land title certificate. What we are going to do is we’re going to do necessary follow-up starting from initiating online transaction till the client gets land title certificate on their hands.”

The Ministry of Labour and Human Resources is targeting to train some 400 youths in this Entrepreneurship Development Course.

Kelzang Choden

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube