D-HOPE catalogue launched

To promote cottage and small industries (CSI) in the country, Gakyed Gatoen-Festival of Happiness or Decentralized Hands-on Exhibition (D-HOPE) catalogue was launched in Thimphu. 

The 6th edition of the catalogue presents information on different business types and location of the cottage and small industry entrepreneurs. There are more than 140 business and contact details of the local entrepreneurs in the catalogue. According to the Department of Cottage and Small Industry (DCSI), it will help promote and advertise the business of the local entrepreneurs in the country.

The event is also to celebrate the success of CSI entrepreneurs and encourage the culture of entrepreneurship.

As part of the launch, local products and services by the entrepreneurs were displayed.

“To encourage existing CSIs, entrepreneurs, start-ups as well as new CSIs, to showcase their products and services, the products are displayed in the showroom. They are here to showcase their talents in terms of production, different types of goods and services. People would visit the stalls, would look at the products and possibly encourage the buyers to buy it,” said Singye Dorji K, the Chief Industries Officer of Programming Division, DCSI.

More than 16 CSI entrepreneurs from Thimphu, Paro and Punakha took part in the event.

“It is a good platform for collaborators and the customers to actually get together. Through this exhibition, I think, I will be able to attract more customers,” said Bishnu Prasad Sharma, the Founder Dumba 3D Works.

“Last time I participated in Druk Tshongrig Gatoen and people supported me. They were all impressed. Such an event is benefitting us a lot. We don’t have to go announcing people about our product. Through this event, people come to know about our locally produced goods,” said Chimi Dema, the Founder of Druna Cookies.

The DCSI under Ministry of Economic Affairs in collaboration with JICA organised the event.

Pema Seldon Tshering

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube