‘Tsip Choelo -The Vested Astrologer’ wins the Best Film Award

‘Tsip Choelo -The Vested Astrologer’ won the best film award at the 18th National Film Awards 2019. The award function was held on February 21 to celebrate the His Majesty The King’s birthday and for the tireless and selfless services of armed forces in the country.

The director of Tsip Choelo, Kinga Kinley Tshering, also received best director award. Last year, he won the best debut director award. His film also bagged other awards including best song composer, best music composer and best playback singer for both male and female.

“It’s a cultural based movie. Although the film is comical it has a strong moral,” he said.

Tashi Pee Dorji from the film ‘Super Star’ bagged the best lead actor male. He started his film career in 2016 with  ‘Pot of Gold’, from which he received best debut actor. Three years in a row, Tashi has been receiving best lead actor award.

“I feel very happy and honoured to receive an award coinciding with the birthday of His Majesty The King. I could not be there to receive the award since I am here in Delhi to celebrate the day,” he said.

The best lead actor female was won by Kezang D Wangmo,also from film ‘Super Star’.

Cash prizes were awarded to films which have contributed to promoting culture, Dzongkha and film which focused on youth and education.

‘Mitshe Sum Gi Drok’ was awarded best cultural based film and for the best film promoting Dzongkha. And ‘Doro Zam’ was declared the best youth and education film.

A total of 16 films were produced last year. There were 31 different award categories this time.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube