Frequency
Short wave: 49m band, 6035 KHz
FM: 88.1 MHz
90 MHz
92 MHz
93 MHz
96 MHz
98 MHz

Frequency allocation for 2nd Radio Channel (Dzongkha)
FM frequencyStationPresent (FM)Radio Dzongkha Channel (FM)Remarks

96/98 (MHz)
THIMPHU9698
WANGDUE9896
ZORCHEN T/YANGTSE9896
DUNGKARLING, SARPANG 9896
SAURANI, SAMTSE9896
THONPHU, P/GATSHEL 9698

88.1/90(MHz)
DOPCHULA, THIMPHU88.190
YANGNEER, T/GANG 9088.1
PONCHULA, MONGAR 9088.1
GOMPONG, ZHEMGANG88.190
DAGAPELA, DAGANA9088.1
90/92 (MHz)KIKELA, BUMTHANG9092

96/90 (MHz)
DALA, CHUKHA 9096
BANGTAR, S/JONGKHAR9096NEW STATION

93/90 (MHz)
TENDU, SAMTSE 9390NEW STATION
LAMSORONG, S/JONGKHAR9093
PACHU, CHUKHA 9093NEW STATION
98/90(MHz)JAMTOE GOMPA, HAA9890
92/93(MHz)JABJIPEAK, PARO9293
96/98 (MHz)BUBJA, TRONGSA9896NEW STATION
90/92(MHZ)PANBANG9093NEW STATION
88.1/92(MHZ)TSIRANG9288.1
98/93(MHZ)NGALAMDUNG9893

56 comments on “Radio

1. Dorji Penjor on said:

we cannot listen to radio on line

• Petr Hanak on said:

facebook is BIG NOTHING, radio is very good thing!

• Phub Thinley on said:

Dear sir/mam,
      This days we cannot avail the radio facilities in the kheng region of Mongar Dzongkhag, especially in Silambi.

It would be very good to listen to whats happening in the parliamentary meeting. we are deprived of this for so many days.

• Sir,
      to listen to BBS Radio online.
      1st step:go to top page.
      2nd step:do u see “LIVE STREAMING
      RADIO” on the right side of BBS logo.
      click on the radio.
      that’s it. happy listening

• Leki Dorji on said:

cannot listen BBS streming live

2. It would be appreciated if BBS could launch an on line radio or build an application for mobile phones (whereby we can listen BBS radio via Internet)

3. tshering on said:

that is true we cant listen radio online before we can now cannot .

4. Eldee Stephens on said:

currently the streaming function is only available via adobe flash. could you make the MP3 stream itself available? then any platform would be able to stream. thanks!

5. Is it possible to listen to or see a broadcast after the event? I want to hear Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche’s talk at Thinley Norbu’s cremation. Thx.

6. dothi on said:

འབྲུག་རྒྱང་བསྒྲགས་radioཧིང་སངས་ས་དང་ དྭངས་འཕྲོས་འཕྲོས་སྦེ་མ་གོ་བའི་སྐོར་ལས་ english དང་རྫོང་ཁ་ནང་སྦེ་ ཡོངས་འབྲེལ་འཆར་སྒོ་ནང་ག་དེ་ཅིག་བྲིས་བཏང་རུང་ ལན་གསལ་དང་འགྱུར་བ་ཅིག་
    འོང་ནི་མེདཔ་ལས་དུས་ཚོད་འཕྲོ་བརླག་གཏང་པའི་གཞི་ཅིག་ཨིན་མས།

7. ugyen on said:

As a student studying abroad,i personally think that, its very much important to keep the country’s news up to date..which will help in appearing the BCSCE..

8. sangay on said:

well we can hear it here at Sri lanka. Glad for its service.
    Keep it up. Thanks BBS

9. Karma on said:

How do we listen to BBS LIVE and not recorded.
    I simply do not see the link, like they had before

10. omega on said:

can we listen bbs radio via shortwave outside bhutan and why cant we listen it via webstream kindly fix the problem

• Ganapati on said:

This time the shortwave coverage on 6035 kHz can be listened with fair reception in Vienna, Austria, Europe in the evening hours, that is the night hours in Bhutan…

11. namgay on said:

hellow sir,
    we cant listen bbs radio via mobile, but at mobile we can listen BBS 2 programme only.

12. dorji on said:

What happened to BBS 2 now? I cannot view online. Missing Super star show.

13. Dawa Koto on said:

we can hear Radio on internet but we cannot hear properly…..there is failing of network and some times voice of RJ remains stagnant…..

14. Karma on said:

Hi wat is BBS live calling show line number.?? If any body knw, kindly share here

15. Guman S. Ghalley on said:

I am a frequent listener of BBS in mobile application of internet radio here in India and I found sometimes the radio works well but sometimes it will not, well other channel in Dzongkha – ‘Jesus calling’ always comes crystal clear. By going through others views it seems the problem exist in the transmission site. My request to authority please do needful to have means of news from our country reaches to us and keep us connected to our country and the developments going around. Thanks for the good job kept by the corporation and moving along the modernization.

16. beeboy marfil on said:

I’m not a Bhutanese… I am a Filipino… I’m very glad that you have this website…. i could be able to know news from Bhutan. A Filipino soap opera that shown here in the Philippines was shoot in Bhutan. Filipinos in the Philippines and aboard could be able to know the beautiful places and preserved cultures and traditionsof Bhutan. We are very thankful to ABS-CBN Networks in the Philippines who selected Bhutan as main part of their soap opera “Princess and I”. Thanks also to the people of Bhutan though that I did not visited your place. Probably someday….

17. Md. Shohel Rana Redoy on said:

DEAR
    BBS
    TAKE MY SALAM. ITS AVERY GOOD STATION FOR ALL THE PEOPLES OF ASIA AND OTHERS. VERY NICE AND INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES, MUSIC, AND CULTURAL NEWS. A ALSO LISTENING YOUR PROGRAM REGULARLI.
    PLEASE SEND SOME PROGRAM SCHEDULE, STICKER, MONOGRAM, LOGO, COAT PIN, PEN, PAD, BALL, MAGAZINE4S AND SOME OTHER GIFTS FOR OUR CLUB MEMBERS.

SENDER
    Md. Shohel Rana Redoy (S21MP)
    President,
    Friends D-xing Club (fdc), (Reg No.-CRI-B-092-04)
    Viewer, IGS&C, Dhaka Cantonment,
    Dhaka-1206, Bangladesh.
    Cell: +008801715669554.

18. Promotional Items on said:

I’ve just started listening to bbs, but wanted to thank you for providing such a great resource for us all.

19. ranvir on said:

WHY BBS TV2 is frequently going off the air in the area of GOMKORA, JAMKHAR & TONGSHANG side? it’s very irretating while enjoying the only BBS2 Channel. Could you please check the service please.

20. Pavel on said:

Hi!
    When 6035 kHz broadcasts? Broadcasting time? Thanks in advance.

21. Nikolai on said:

I received BBS radio broadcast on 6035 kHz in the European Russia ! The distance is 5100 km !

22. Greg De Guzman on said:

Appreciate information on your Shortwave Broadcast like:
    1. Time of Broadcast
    2. Target Area for broadcast

I’m from the Philippines and would love to hear you on shortwave.

23. Sir,
    I have flair for radio jockeying and i am fleunt in reading lochampa language. I am 12 passed from India and have studied all there only. I listen to all indian local fm and acquinted with the way of speaking with all the ettiquetes. I shall be pleased if you ask me to send my CV.

24. Ganapati on said:

To my surprise – Listening in the internet is possible today after a long time I tried. Very nice program. Especially the songs I like. Thank you !

25. pizza kota on said:

Cannot stream the live radio in Dhaka; Any problem ??
    tried many times, it wont work for some reason unknown.

26. Ron Howard on said:

Dear BBS,

New Year’s greetings from California, USA.

Thank you so much for extending your schedule for New Year’s Day
    (January 1). I was able to enjoy BBS via shortwave (6035 kHz.) during
    your English segment from 9:00PM BTT to 10:00PM BTT (15-16 UTC).
    Was great to hear your fine selections of popular hit songs. Also enjoyed
    hearing your local Bhutan songs after 10:00 BTT (16UTC). A true
    pleasure!

Wish you continued success with BBS shortwave in 2013.

Warm regards,

Ron Howard
    Monterey, California, USA

27. tshering on said:

thanks for bbs that we can listen bbs news online, but one thing last time from bbs 2 we can watch all show online like supper star and i mean what ever going on there on bbs, now they cut off, if u can we really enjoying that bbs 2 thanks .

28. Ralph Perry on said:

Your streaming online radio is broken — only silence heard when clicking the link and opening the streaming radio box.

Please fix for your online listeners!

29. Indra on said:

I could not find radio schedule. Can you please provide link?

30. Tashi on said:

Dear Sir, It would be great if you could fix the problem with the Internet radio. There seem to be a problem lately because it was working during the national council election but now it’s not working. I really want to hear the presidential debate and the party candidates for the upcoming election 2013. It would help me in deciding where to put my postal ballot. I am listening to the Internet radio from Australia and highly appreciate if you could fix it ASAP so that we don’t miss the important debates.

31. Frizell Pagador on said:

Hi I’m miss pagador the agent of that brilliant English singer songwriter John o neill your government has invited John to play 2concerts in Bhutan very soon we have had over 46 thousand emails from people in Bhutan asking for John to perform in your country can I please upload some of johns songs to your station please to let the listeners know what his music sounds like thank you frizell xxx

32. Phub Thinley on said:

During this very urgent times of discussion in the parliament, we are deprived of hearing this discussion going on ever since we are cut off from the BBS radio.This is in the kheng region of Mongar Dzongkhag, especially in Silambi.

I would be glad to know why this facility has gone while it was working well earlier.
    We just have the facility of hearing BBS radio, which is the only means we are opened out of the kheng.

33. phuntsho wangdi on said:

hi bbs team whats wrong with dzongkha radio over kiamji,somtalakha and other part of the area plze correct it we are facing lot of difficulty from school management.

34. Tandin Dorji on said:

Hi Team
    How can we watch BBS Live and listen Radio in Delhi.

Thanks

35. James W Young on said:

Are you broadcasting on Shortwave Radio? 6035 kHz?
    When?

36. C Tshering on said:

now a days most of the time the BBS 2 (dzongkha) channel repeat broadcast after 9 Pm is most of the time off the air for which we request to kindly ensure that the repaeat broadcast from 9 Pm to next day 6AM is always on air so that we can enjoy the programs wheenever we are on and off awake during the night

37. sonam dorjee on said:

HI bbs team internet radio is not catching up in himachal pradesh india as before we were listening.

38. Robert Rose on said:

Hello,

Might you please send me the winter 2013-2014 shortwave
    schedule.

Thank you.

39. Jam Booy on said:

In wangdue Phodrang there is no radio network for several month which is 96 Mhz is not working la.

40. ctsehring on said:

BBS… WE EARNESTLY REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE KEEP THE REPEAT BROADCAST OF BBS 2 CHANNEL (DZONGKHA) ON AIR AFTER 9 PM TILL THE NEXT MORNING AS WE HAVE EXPERIENCED THat the chanel is always off air which shows lact of efficiency at the BBS controm room

41. kencho yenten on said:

dear sir/madam,
    now a days we are not able to get updated the news and other especial chanel shows.there for if it is possible to look upon this condition and put forward this problem we would be very thank full.

42. Thinley Pelden on said:

It is nice of BBS radio to have gone 24×7 on air and it is really entertaining to listen to songs, especially after new hours. I am very sure that the purpose of broadcasting would not have been just for the sake; I guess it is for entertainment of those who listen. I have been listening to it for last one month and unfortunately it is the same song that is broadcast everyday, especially Dzongkha, that too all those monotonous ones. Does this really serve purpose here? Else it would be highly economic if broadcast, after regular broad hours, is discontinued. I understand that there are many technical aspects to be considered in this matter, yet the same songs everyday is no entertainment, rather it is a wastage. I am not complaining but sharing my genuine thought, if there are rooms to consider.
    Thank you

43. gangladrukpawangchen on said:

BBS is hosting programme that havent requested u to host but not hosting the programme that is requested

44. Frankenstein on said:

Hi BBS,
    I have the habit of watching BBS in the morning before moving for office. Lately, I have been watching BBS TV in the DishTV for about a week now. What I have understood is that BBS only relays recorded version of news from the previous day.
    It would be better if the morning news can be relayed live and relayed the recorded towards the late evening of the same day, that is in the evening of the day they are relayed live.
    Thank you!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

HTML tags are not allowed.

TV SCHEDULE

BBS WEBMAIL

email Address:
Password:

PROGRAMMES

Copyright © 2014 BBS. All Rights Reserved.