His Majesty celebrated Chunyipai Losar with people in the east

His Majesty The King celebrated the Chunyipai Losar or the traditional day of offering with the people of east in Trashi Yangtse, yesterday. His Royal Highness the Gyaltshab Jigme Dorji Wangchuck accompanied His Majesty.

Over thousands of people, including those from neighbouring districts, congregated at the public ground in Trashi Yangtse for the opportune moment. Prime Minister, Dasho Tshering Tobgay, and cabinet ministers joined the celebration which included an archery game, cultural and other entertainment programmes.

People of east were overwhelmed with awe and joy to celebrate Chunyipai Losar with His Majesty The King.

“I am 70 year-old and never in my life had I got an opportunity to meet His Majesty until today. So, I feel fortunate and am thankful to His Majesty for celebrating the occasion with us,” said one of the elderly men from Trashi Yangtse, Kinzang Zangpo.

Others could not agree more for it was a moment that will forever be engraved in their minds. “We are overjoyed and extremely happy to have celebrated Losar with His Majesty. We are extremely privileged. This moment will never be forgotten in our lives,” said another man named Kencho Tashi.

“Usually we celebrate the Losar with our parents. But this time, we got the opportunity to celebrate it with His Majesty. It was a most memorable day in my life. I pray for long life of His Majesty,” said Jigme Choden.

His Majesty The King granted tokha (lunch) to the people gathered. His Majesty also gifted exciting luck draw prizes which included jersey cow, sewing machine, rice cookers, and other useful items for the rural community.

In the eastern districts, the first day of the 12th Bhutanese month is celebrated as the New Year. It is said that on this day, representatives from all regions in the country offered Buelwa or offerings to Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal to express their devotion and loyalty.

His Majesty The King is on a royal tour to eastern Bhutan. Today, His Majesty will visit Rigsum Goenpa in Boomdeling Gewog of Trashi Yangtse.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube