BBS’s entertainment show attracts students

The number of students taking interest in the Trowa Live Calling Show, an entertainment programme hosted on BBS Channel 2, has been increasing especially during the summer vacation.

This time, a group of students from places as far as Samdrup Jongkhar and Trashigang are in Thimphu just to take part in the show.

Unlike in the past, students from other districts are now taking part in the programme. Students from schools in Thimphu usually dominate the show.

It is a two hour entertainment programme, were viewers call-in to request and dedicate songs and dances to their friends and families. The programme has become popular among the youth to showcase their dancing and singing talents.

Students from different schools form groups and reserve slots to stage their performance from Monday till Wednesday every week. The show begins from 3 in the evening but students come early in morning to practice almost every day.  

“Students in the remote villages are deprived of such entertainment programmes though we are interested,” said a participant from Radhi MSS in Trashigang, Tshering Delma. “So I travelled here just to take part in the show,” she added.

Students said they gain skills and exposure by participating in such programmes. It also keeps them engaged meaningfully during their month-long summer break.

“During the vacation we learn new things and meet new friends from other schools and also get to learn new songs and music too,” another participant from Dagapela Autonomous School, Phurba Lhaki said.

The programme slot this month has been fully reserved for students to fill in their request.

According to the show producer Deki Choden, the requests she received from students to take part in the show was overwhelming.

“I am worried of how I can provide equal opportunity to all of them,” she said. “So these days I am taking in two groups in a day to give them equal chance.”

She said students are given preference to help them spend their summer vacation meaningfully. She also said there are plans to provide similar platform during the winter break as well.

Top Stories

Related Stories

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube