His Majesty graces the Founder’s Day celebration of a school in India

HM-Sanawar-His Majesty the King graced the 167th Founder’s Day celebration of the Gyaltsuen’s former school, the Lawrence School, in Sanawar, Himachal Pradesh.

His Majesty was accompanied by Her Majesty the Gyaltsuen.

His Majesty spoke on the importance of education to the students, faculty members and alumni of the Lawrence School.

“Back in Bhutan, as I serve my country, I have a number of priorities.Number one on my list is education…” said His Majesty.

His Majesty said a good school gives a child a fair shot at success and ensures that a person’s achievement in life will not be predetermined by his or her race, parentage and social connections.

“I believe in education,” said His Majesty.

His Majesty also acknowledged the role India has played in the field of education in Bhutan. “Numerous Indian teachers have, for decades, taught in our schools and thousands of young Bhutanese have availed quality learning in academic establishments all over India. Such contributions remain invaluable to our friendship.”

His Majesty said students must invest in themselves. “Within this short span of time between now and leaving the comforts of school, you must acquire the tools to play your part in society by being intelligent and capable.”

His Majesty said this is the time to grow as a human being, to learn, to pick up lifelong skills and to realize their full potential. “During your formative years, how you shape up will largely influence your future.”

During Their Majesties’ Royal Visit to India, Their Majesties will visit important Buddhist sites in Bodhgaya and Sarnath, and temples in Varanasi, on the invitation of the Government of India.

Top Stories

Related Stories

Recent Comments

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube